Hello 2013

on Wednesday, January 2, 2013
2012, what a long year it was. I can still remember myself welcoming the first minutes of 2012 in the coast of Sydney, Australia a year ago. Now it's 2013 and the only difference is that I had the chance to be at home this time. Well, the celebration at home is a modest one. No special food, nor visitors, but the important thing is we're together, and of course for us to be all together even in a short period of time is priceless. I just can't determine if it will be the same the next year or the year after that. I know time change and the next year might be a more exciting one or somewhat lesser, I just can't tell. I maximized my efforts for this year; I even bought fireworks to make the first minutes of 2013 more exciting. I somewhat failed on that aspect, there was less noise and by the look of it only us in our neighborhood actually had fireworks. It's a failure and a terrible waste of money. Anyways, I din't regret on that. I can see mom's efforts too to make the best out of every coin she spends, much of it had gone to food preparations. Overall, the New Year eve's celebration as well as the preceding Christmas Eve was a happy success, something I'll always remember as an ultimate part of my life as far as my memory is concerned.

New Year's Resolutions? Luckily, I don't have one. I don't believe in New Year's Resolutions actually, as far as efficiency is concerned if you're really serious about changing you should have change whatever it is that has to be changed long time ago. You don't have to wait for New Year's day for anything. I have some lapses, mainly on my attitude and my behavior, that I wish to change but I don't call it a resolution. I've been working on it for a long time, but I got a big determination for a change when I realized this is a new year for me. I'm a bit wary about this year. I don't think I'll be in good condition most of the time, but hey there's still a chance I'll be reading this post the next year the same day and I realize it wasn't that bad as I previously predicted, isn't it? I had my fingers crossed for this year. I had high hopes on myself as well as on my future, I hope I wont disappoint myself a lot. As for me, I have a special meaning of the word disappointment, so I don't think I would be disappointing myself. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment